May 6, 2019

Sion. I'm having a lot of feels about him since putting him in his old wig yesterday and this might be all over the place but I'm just going to go ahead and write it all down first. Maybe I'll come back to add photos later because I'm typing on mobile.

It started from me watching alot of Peppertones music videos. They're a sort of k-indie band that's been around for 15 years and I only just got into them last week but it's pretty much being an obsessive spiral. The best (and worse) kind. Best because hey I feel something and god that's awesome when I've been irritated with work lately, but also worse because I get so engrossed in finding out everything I can about them that sleep becomes secondary. And that's something I don't want because I want to take care of my body so it'll take care of me you know. But sometimes my mind gets obsessed and things like this happen.

Anyway, it was looking at 2012 Jangwon (the bassist) and his sweepy longish emo hair that made me want to... do something. Either go out and get that haircut myself (bad idea, it's hard to maintain; been there, done that), rage/passion draw emo hair (im out of practice but i did try it later at night), or, hey, light bulb moment, didn't Sion used to have a similarly styled emo hair?? So I went to dig out his old wig, and glasses (because Jangwon wore thick glassed and damn am I obsessed with this dude at the moment) and dressed Sion up. I even took photos with my DSLR (mostly because my phone was charging and I couldn't resort to my usual quick phone camera shot) and then I edited the photo over dinner and then damn. It reminds me why I love this dude (Sion, not Jangwon lol) so much. Like over the years I've switched Sion over to a different wig because the emo one was annoying to style but this is giving me all the feels.



And then, night came and I was still listening to Peppertones while drawing Sion, and I had a NEED to find Sion a new body because I think part of the reason I don't play with him as much is because his current body doesn't cooperate with me. Also it's kind of too narrow now that my aesthetics have changed and just. HE NEEDS A NEW BODY, my mind screamed in my head at 11pm. I searched up doa and mandarake, had a long internal debate about whether to get a volks body for him, if sd17 or sdgou is better, and which I could afford because I only have enough to buy one. And then I decided to go to sleep because I wanted to be a responsible adult, sleep on time and not make rash purchases. But oh boy, that was not a well thought out idea because what happened was I spent an hour in bed thinking about this still and not sleeping and even in the middle of the night when I woke up I was Thinking about getting Sion a body. 


(^ the sketch of Sion playing bass here because ahem, of course right? Had to do it even though Sion doesn't play any instruments lol. Also my friend commented "thicc" which like, that's definitely my aesthetic so, it makes sense to buy him a volks body because those are thicc????)

So, come morning which is today, I got up, thought about it some more, and went on Mandarake to put the sd17 body into the cart and now I'm waiting to see if I got it? And I'm thinking also, damn, this is the doll that makes this hobby The Thing for me, you know? My dolly friends and I were talking about it some time back, and I couldn't name a doll that made me super into the hobby, but then I realise it's not cos I don't have this doll but cos I forgot. It's Sion, man.

The awkward thing about this is that Sion has a twin brother, Hew, and I have no idea what to do with the brother. Like I definitely love Sion more than Hew and also, hobby wise, do I need two mihos??????

I don't have an answer to that. All I know is that I'm reminded of why I love Sion and I'm just going to do what I can to get him right.

Also, another thing I've been thinking about is this. Whether I can have less dolls so I can do more for each of them. Like even sew for them, because I do enjoy that, it's just that I'm very slow at it, from making patterns to actual sewing but if I have less dolls it's probably more doable? Ah, I don't know. I ran through the crew yesterday in my head and there's very little potential dolls to cut down on...

I mean I know who are the dolls I'm less in love with but... does that mean they don't make the cut? Idk. For now imma just focus on Sion first.

No comments:

Post a Comment