December 28, 2013

I don't know why I've never seen this recommanded anywhere before, but I realise that while reading/looking at faceup tutorials and faceup videos can be useful (to be honest, most videos are too far away to be really useful, except maybe Andreja's), I've been watching quite a lot of human makeup tutorial videos, and some of them are really useful in helping me figure out where to place colours etc. Here's the ones that might be more useful for bjd faceuping:

1. For a natural faceup with freckles


I think it helps even if you're not going to add freckles, cos the way the bronzer is used, and how there's a red shade applied before bronzer can be applied to how we use colours/blushing on faceups.




This video might be a bit long, but it's rather informative on the shape and colours to use to get freckles. :)




2. For a semi-natural faceup (more girly/makeup-y)


I thought the colour scheme used here is quite similar to how a lot of girl doll faceups are done. The look between natural and makeup-y. I guess cos dolls in general have pretty thick makeup by human standards? When I saw this I thought it'll explain the colours on faceups by like, belladonna. Which is on male dolls, by the way. But yeah, I liked this video.



I thought this is a good one for male faceups too, cos of the brows. Haha.



3. How to draw eyebrows
CLICK for the video (embeding was disabled D:)

I guess the half of it isn't really super useful for doll brows cos we don't need to pluck doll brows, but the shape, the direction of the hairs...I would say this video would be rather useful :) It's a more natural/straight brow shape since I'm not super fond of the highly arched brows and how they're filled on other brow videos. I don't like how the brows are filled until they're really blocky, if that makes sense? I like the softness of the brows toward the nose bridge, so I'm not recommanding pixiwoo's brow video for that, but here it is, if you want to see it.



4. Darker eye makeup/faceup


I really like the red under the eyes but I probably won't use the rest of the tutorial on dolly faceups.



Another one for the dark eye makeup thingie. I never really knew that using red as an undertone would work so well until I stumbled upon it one day while doing Sion's (or Hew's?) faceup. But yeah, apparently Michelle Phan knew that already.


***

That's all the ones I can think of right now, haha.

[edit 6 June 2014: here's more





For blushing




Soft/glam goth

No comments:

Post a Comment