December 2, 2016

I think I won't be doing faceup commissions for a while after I finish up the ones I already took. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm busy with school and my faceup skill levels aren't good enough for me to charge more, but at the same time I feel like what I'm currently charging isn't enough for the amount of time I spend doing it. Unfortunately, the last commission I have right now, I'm still waiting for the customer to tell me what they want on the faceup... communication is less than satisfactory but I think I just have to hope it goes on eventually, if slowly. To be honest, I just kind of want to finish up that commission so I won't have that on my mind anymore, and then I can temporarily close my faceup services.

My faceup skills have improved a bit while doing commissions, but I still spend more time than I would like doing each faceup. I'm more careful with commissions than I am with my own dolls' faceup, and that translates to drawing lines slower, leaving more time between layers so I know I'm happy with each layer before I move on to the next. I think it'll be nice to go back to just doing faceups without that kind of pressure. My own Unoa Lilin default is still like lying there in my drawer. I did lines already, and I can count the faceup as done if I just seal it and gloss, but I feel like I want to do more when I have time and/or inspiration so I haven't sealed that faceplate yet.

Not really in a doll playing mood recently. I still think they're all cute but I guess I just don't have the energy to pick them up and play for the moment. School and thesis sucks. It's the holidays right now but I'm supposed to still be working on my thesis. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment