January 10, 2014

I didn't want to add this in the last post, since I'll be linking it from dA and doa possibly, but anyway, here's my thoughts on hybrids.

Nearly all my dolls are hybrids (except Gabby since his body is from the same company, just that the Lishe head was meant to go on a girl's body, but still, the resin is from the same company) and the main reason is because each of my character has a different body build and height etc, so very often the company bodies don't suit what I have in mind. So I don't have repeats of any bodies (well, I don't count having both type A and B bodies from Little Monica the same) and this also means I have to keep looking for bodies arghh.

So even though the Akagidoll body fits Joe (my Peroth) and Caillen (my C. Ryu), I still have to look out for other bodies...and while I'm more or less set on getting the Popo 68cm body for my Ryu, I need a shorter body for my Peroth (around 63 to 64 cm that is of a lean but fit built) which is kind of hard to decide on. I thought the Doll Family-A 63cm ver 3 body might work but the neck is only 9.5cm thick, which is too thin for my taste on 63cm bodies. Even the Nobility body has a 10cm neck size. And it's such a thin body already (not counting Doll Chateau cos I don't like that kind of thin bodies :/).

So yes, the search for bodies is always ongoing. I guess it's fun but uh, when you have like 10 dolls who are/are supposed to be hybrids (3 of which are floating heads), it's a bit tedious sometimes...

Also, I noticed that my Mihos have yellowed faster than their Little Monica bodies so currently their heads are darker :( I do hope that the yellowing would match up again so they look less odd but I guess I'm just being a bit picky (and sad, because they matched better last time). Oh well...Here's an unedited (just resized) photo of Hew to show what I mean.

 photo DSC_8598resized_zps92ef8c8c.jpg

It's not too bad in natural light and in photos, but my room has yellowish lighting, and it makes his face a really unhealthy jaundiced yellow which makes me kind of ...:< At least I realised he still looks mostly fine in natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment