June 7, 2014

Ramblings about doa wiki

Saw on tumblr about how doa wiki is outdated, and I decided to go add some information to the sculpt pages...I usually only add information or do a new page on sculpts if I have them cos otherwise it's just ...meh. I don't know, I don't like to do that. But after I did a few (simple sections with like 5 lines of information total including basic stuff like eye size, wig size etc), I went to look through the main pages and man...I think it's really quite bare. The problem is, I'm not too sure what kind of wiki we want, really, and so far I've tried to write factually, as far as possible. Obvious I don't know much about some pages, but I'm just like, whut? at pages like "What is a bjd?" (just a 1 liner about how it's dolls with ball and socket joints), and I couldn't find anything about hybrids until I typed it into the search bar. Which basically means only people who know what hybrids are would search for it? Wow. Considering that I am really fond of hybridising (I'm sure I've said this more times than I want to count), I find it rather sad that it's not even linked on any of the main pages for people to just stumble upon, you know? But the question is, who reads the wiki pages, and why? And if it's mostly doll owners, then obviously there's not much point in making certain basic pages with so much information, but I think that wiki pages tend to bevery useful espeically for people who are coming across something for the first time (be it, "what's a bjd?" or "what xx company?"). If I have time I guess I'll go write more on the wiki...

Also, I realise there's like no photos in the pages...makes it boring, don't you think? I think photos can be added, but I've not went to check. Just a trend that people followed (myself included)...maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment