August 1, 2014

Full crew photo and updates

 photo DSC_3489editedresized_zpsd4762a4b.jpg

I decided I should take a photo of everyone before I leave for my Korea exchange (starting at the end of this month and until about late December), because I won't be able to bring any of them there, especially not with the amount of drawing things I have to bring for school already. (Oh, the woes of owning only SDs. XD If only I had a tiny...) So anyway, reason aside, I have a photo of everyone! Well, everyone who has a body. I have 3 floating heads (Freddie, my Volks Olivia. Joe, my Esthy Peroth. And my still unnamed Roderich head) who aren't in the photo (because I forgot I can take another shot of the full dolls with floating heads on their laps >_<).

They're pretty much in whatever they were wearing when I just took them out of my wardrobe to take this photo. Gabby has shoes on, which you can't see. He's also the only one still wearing shoes, cos they take up space and my wardrobe already just barely fits all 10 of them sitting inside, so I remove all their shoes if I have time. Nat's in uncolourful clothes cos he was lending his body to Joe for a while (and imagine that, I didn't take photos of Joe during that time...Ehhh D: ), but other than that, everyone's dressed quite in character, and I'm just so so happy to see them all together :D

Anddddd. The cloth to the right of the photo is something I used to use as background when taking photos of Gabby cos I used to use a digital camera and the background would be too messy otherwise. I had to use it for this shot cos 10 dolls take up way too much space. Kind of nostalgic. I have a bunch of other shots of Caillen and Zeke with this cloth cos I took it out, but I'll probably only edit them another time. Haha.

Also, after the bad photo of my unnamed Roderich head (I so need to give him a name. I can't keep calling him my unnamed head DX), I took some clearer shots of his faceup cos I'm pretty proud of it :D

 photo DSC_3423editedresized_zpse1365aec.jpg

 photo DSC_3430editedresized2_zps854d3264.jpg

 photo DSC_3448editedresized2_zps3be9dafa.jpg

Weeeee. I did the lines more cleanly this time. Usually I paint each hair a few times cos watercolour isn't as dark as I want it to be (especially the browns), so the lines end up a bit fuzzy... this time it's mostly black and dark brown hairs so I took care to get enough paint on my brush so that I could paint each hair in one stroke. I'm still not stable enough with a brush to draw eyelid creases, but at least my lashes and eyebrow hair are drawn better now.

He also has very very faint freckles but I don't think it's very noticeable in photos. His freckles are also a bit bigger than Kristolf's cos I used a different brush then, but it's not too bad so I don't think I'll be going over with more pastel and smaller freckles. His freckles are a bit easier to see in real life, haha. I really can't spot them on these photos, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment