June 24, 2015

Wig making: Hard wig cap Part 2

I would suggest reading Part 1 first if you've haven't. Otherwise, this is the update on the hard wig cap. :)

Part 1 here.

After the 2 layers of glue dried, this is what the wig cap looks like.
 photo DSC_1475resized_zpsscdtmucr.jpg

I pulled off the rubber bands for both the stocking and cling wrap before I managed to wiggle the wig cap out. I had to be careful not to change the wig cap's shape too much when pulling it out, but I did eventually managed to get it off.
 photo DSC_1479resized_zpsnh5pogfk.jpg

Then I just roughly trimmed off the excess stocking cloth that didn't have glue, and it looks like some strange helmet. Haha.
 photo DSC_1483resized_zpsodigdmpo.jpg

 photo DSC_1484resized_zpsfrlhymp9.jpg

 photo DSC_1485resized_zpsmvlitaup.jpg

Using a white watercolour pencil, I then drew in the outline of the wig cap. I just used a watercolour pencil since I already have it from doing faceups, but I imagine any white pencils would work.
 photo DSC_1486resized_zpsjyxbd3fd.jpg

 photo DSC_1487resized_zpsnxgmiqsx.jpg

 photo DSC_1488resized_zpsmx8lzyza.jpg

Then I followed what most wig cap tutorials say, about doing another rough trim, leaving some space between the outline I already drew, and where I cut, in case I wanted to change up stuff. And it's a good thing I did, because I realise his wig cap sits unevenly, so I had to slightly modify the outline to make it more even, which I wouldn't have been able to do if I didn't have some excess when cutting. Phew.
 photo DSC_1490resized_zpskwdgc84r.jpg

And this is after trimming it properly. It's back on a cling wrap because the way I did the back, there were a lot of scrunched up fabric, which after cutting, didn't adhere to each other as well, so I ended up having to paint another layer of glue.
 photo DSC_1492resized_zpspotlq8wl.jpg

Yep, here you can see the back, which is coming a bit loose.
 photo DSC_1493resized_zps3rhlbnc1.jpg

And the new layer of glue.
 photo DSC_1496resized_zpsrfroj8yw.jpg

I actually did this a few days back, but I'm still contemplating what hairstyle to do for him, and haven't gotten to glueing the hair fibres onto the wig cap. But I'll definitely glue them on, at some point, haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment