July 9, 2015

Faceup removal video



I thought I'll record me removing Freddie's faceup since I want to redo her faceup. Personally I like using isopropyl alcohol since there is a lesser chance of staining, and I don't need to work as fast or as carefully as I do with acetone. However, pure acetone does have the benefit of being a better remover of tough stains, especially the lip corners and eye rims. Now that I have both removers, I think I'll stick to the routine I use in the video, which is the isopropyl alcohol for most of the faceup, then pure acetone for any harder to remove bits. Seems to be the best way for me so far :)

Also, I'm in the process of doing Freddie's faceup, and I really do love how Volks sculpted her lips. So much amazement in that area. I could be biased but ahhh, I really like her lips. I did realise she has this weird dividing line going on with her cheek area. I don't really know what to call it, but my Peroth has a similar thing going on too. It's basically when the cheek area follows the profile of the front view, rather than a more "realistic" cheekbone structure?

I was looking through my photobucket to see if I can find a photo to show this. For example, Tiyana has that sharp shadow on her cheek in this photo. Which a lot of dolls have.

 photo DSC_0432editedresized_zpsclrjcdnz.jpg

Compare this to Sion's cheek which has less of a defined line going all the way from cheek to chin, but a more 3D look that is closer to what defined cheekbones look like.

 photo DSC_0655editedresized_zps86k4pqc1.jpg

Anyway, my point is, the shadow that connects from cheek to chin in a clear straight line like Tiyana's is fine, but I realised that for my Volks Olivia aka Freddie, the line is actually shown in the sculpt? Like the transition from one plane to another isn't smooth. I don't know if that made any sense at all. Anyway, it's not a big issue, but I thought it's interesting, especially since it only happens on one side of her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment