July 1, 2015

Thoughts about "grail" dolls (with a bit of Ninestyle order box opening)

You know how people have grail dolls? I have grail doll heads, and grail doll bodies. Haha. The meaning of grail aside, I just roughly took it to mean, a doll item I really want/like and is relatively hard to get, usually because it's limited, sold out, expensive, or (usually the case) all of the above.

So I do actually own two of my grail heads, and 1 of my grail body. The grail heads are Volks Olivia and Esthy Peroth, and the body is a DT15 old body. It was never my intention for the grail head(s) to be on the grail body, but here it is. Joe, a Peroth on a DT15 old body, both of which I was lucky to get. I changed his clothes to be a bit more like beach wear, but I don't really have appropriate shorts or bermudas for him. He's wearing Freddie's harem pants for now, which are still okay, I guess. The necklace I made a while back is a nice touch, I think, for this look.

 photo DSC_1640editedresized_zpsmewjja0g.jpg

With that said though, it's funny how even though Joe should technically be *the* grail doll, seeing how he's both the grail head and body, I don't really feel all that much special about him. It's kind of like the grail "hype" doesn't necessarily translates into my excitement for the doll or character itself. Or maybe because I had to come up with a new character for him, since he didn't fit any of the existing ones. I don't really know. 

Either way, today, I noticed his hands have weird white-cream coloured stuff stuck in the crevices. Probably MSC or something from the previous owner. And it surprised me that I've only just noticed. I've had the body for about half a year now, and he was with me in my dorm the whole time, and I only just noticed. ...I really don't play with my dolls as much as I used to back when I had just Gabby and Dennis.

Also, the DT15 old body is a nice solid stander, and I really like its aesthetics overall. But his sitting isn't really fantastic. His thighs are a bit thick, so his bum ends up lower than the thigh, causing him to lean backwards. I don't know if there's a way around it, but I've not found it so far. Anyway, at least I'm getting to know him a bit better today, when I've had him sitting beside me at the laptop table today.

In other dolly updates, the ninestyle order I had just came in. :D I got registered air mail for it, so it was kind of slow, but much cheaper, since I only got a wig and face mask. For the new dolly, who has yet to ship. Gahh, It's 14 working days so far. Still at least 10-15 more days, if the company is on time with their waiting times. I'm pretty surprised that ninestyle shipped the 2 items I ordered in a box. But well. What did you know? It's a nice maroon red box.

 photo DSC_1629resized_zps0lzctrdb.jpg

And her wig. It photographs greenish blue, but is much greener in person. Kind of more turquoise. I mean, ninestyle did call the colour "vintage green", so I wasn't too surprised by the green.  photo DSC_1630resized_zpslv5hdy91.jpg

And I'm still actively counting down to the new doll. Or rather, just counting how many working days it has been, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment