September 10, 2015

Doll collection thoughts

Lately I've been rethinking my collection. Not that I am going to sell anyone or anything, but just in general.

Firstly, I got myself more into the yosd side of the collection, whereas I was a mostly SD collector previously. So now I have Cypher (26cm), Jelly (30cm) and 2 Unoa faceplates. Oh yeah, I've not mentioned it on the blog but I bought a Unoa Lilin Roar faceplate. Haha. And both Unoa faces are chibi lilins (one is the sleeping face that I modded, the other is the roar/naughty face). So initially I was thinking of getting them Chibi bodies. But the modded one I have is WS so it's hard to find her a body. And recently I've been looking at all the cute MSD clothes on etsy, and I caved.

I'm getting a Unoa 1.5 girl body for her. Deep breath. Haha. So now I will actually have an MSD, a size I never wanted to own, all because I want the small side of my collection to have variety in height. Lol. So yeah, anyway, the lilin roar will get a chibi body, I think, and the modded lilin will get the 1.5girl body.

With that said, the money that went into getting the MSD body for the still nameless girl could have funded 90% of Freddie's body. BUTTTTT, I keep convincing myself it's hard to find a MSD body with a Buff headback (because the normal 1.5 unoa headback won't fit Chibi faceplates), and I decided that the nameless Lilin will get her body before Freddie. (Yeaa, I'm sorry, Freddie. But SD16G bodies are much easier to find).

And, besides a body, the poor nameless girl still has no name, no wig, no clothes (at all, haha, cos I don't own MSDs). So much unknowns! Well, we'll see. I'm very keen on mori clothing for her, but that means I have to spare some money to get her an outfit first.

Also, Freddie is the only one needing a body, but I keep rethinking my SD collection to see if there's anyone I can sell off to make space. I don't remember if I've wrote this before, but I keep coming back to Nat. And for a few times, I've taken him out and placed him back because I decided I still want to keep him. Today was another one of those days. But the good thing about today is, I think I finally found some semblance of a dressing style that I'm happy with him, and would be happy to find more clothing for him in this style.

 photo P9100023editedresized_zpsiakjkv9u.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo which I made weirder with photoshop. Haha. I'm using the old camera. But yeah, the dressing style of tank tops, shorts/skirts and an oversized light jacket with a choker kind of works. I'm especially interested in finding a black ribbon to make him better chokers, or buy one of those 90s grunge necklace/choker things. I think they sell rings with that kind of pattern, so it'll make a good necklace for him.

Anyway, I don't know, we'll see how things go. I'm currently more interested in the non-SDs, haha. But it sucks cos they're strange sizes and I don't have much clothing for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment