August 27, 2015

Opened up doa today to 2 PMs (private messages) about dolls that have arrived with their owners. One was the BBB Elena I painted, and I'm really glad to see her owner likes her, because I'm always worried that somehow the commission won't turn out to their liking. (It's just a general paranoia I have about commissioned work.) So yeah, I'm glad, and she sent me a photo, so that was cool.

The other was the LLT Roderich head I sold, also with a faceup I've done. The buyer was really happy with him, and that the faceup was gorgeous (he has one of the best faceups I've done, to be honest) and says she'll keep in permanently, which I really hope she would, because that head is pretty cool, although I never got around to bonding with it. Really hope all these dolls get the love from their owners. Haha.

Things like this make me want to do more faceups for more dolls. But the actual process of doing it, especially in the case of commissions, I have a lot of doubts about the faceup I'm doing. I don't know if it's because I'm still inexperienced with commissions, and am generally anxious, or if the idea of it being other people's dolls makes me need to be more cautious with them. I generally like doing faceups on my own dolls, there isn't the pressure of doing anything wrong, because I can always redo it if I don't like it. But commissions are a bit different, I guess. The part I'm most worried about it that I think it looks good, but the owner may not think it suits their dolls, somehow.

Anyway, just some thoughts, I'll go back to doing work now.


No comments:

Post a Comment