January 9, 2014

Akagidoll 66cm boy box opening

Well technically it's Akagidoll You Yue, but I'm not keeping the head (even though it's quite pretty, but I already have so many floating heads), so I'm focusing on the body :D It's Zeke's body by the way.

I ordered the body from Fumiyo so that I can get it straight from taobao. I don't remember the exact date but I ordered it in late December, and I was so surprised to see the postman this morning. It's something like 2-3 weeks since I ordered! Fastest arrival I've had so far, haha. This is the Akagidoll 66cm body.

This is how the box arrived. There's no outer box, just a few layers of pretty thick bubblewrap.
 photo DSC_8463resized_zpseee77416.jpg

Cutting apart the bubblewrap...(I didn't have the box upside down. So yeah. Usually the lid is bigger but I guess the bottom of this box is larger than the lid)
 photo DSC_8465resized_zps832f2742.jpg

Close up of the extra wrapped thing around the box.
 photo DSC_8469resized_zps1ddf0b9d.jpg

Inside the box, there's a brown carrier bag of sorts. The straps are not attached and I've not figured out how to put them on yet, but since I already have my own carrier bag, I didn't care too much and just put the straps aside to continue opening cos I wanted to see the body, haha.
 photo DSC_8476resized_zps89e97366.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photo but it's a bunch of "manuals" and supposedly certificate of ownership but it's not really a certificate, since it wasn't specific to the doll I ordered (Youyue).
 photo DSC_8481resized_zpsc5cdeea5.jpg

Opened the bag, and the doll is inside :) It's just wrapped in some thin foamy sheet.
 photo DSC_8484resized_zps9e90eb29.jpg

And apparently they decided the knees need extra bubblewrap, haha. This is the full doll. Standing straight out of the box :D He's super tightly strung though.
 photo DSC_8486resized_zps46fcfdd4.jpg

And I figured since Akagi doesn't have blank doll head photos, here's some blank Akagidoll You Yue. I'm not keeping the head though. It kind of reminds me of a Swd Sch A, MSdoll Drayton and Switch Rusi all in one...It's quite a nice head actually. The company photos have him in so much eyelashes and whatnot...
 photo DSC_8487resized_zps0c5a3e15.jpg

 photo DSC_8488resized_zps04e2c690.jpg

 photo DSC_8490resized_zpse9668fd4.jpg

And his hands have nails...not really my taste :/ But anyway I swapped them out for some Little Monica hands I have lying around, though the LM hands don't appear in this set of photos cos I only did that after I kept my camera, haha. photo DSC_8491resized_zps9804c9ef.jpg

And a rough comparison of headsize of You Yue with the actual owner of the head (my Leeke Khal). Their lips kind of look alike here (but it's cos of Zeke's faceup. Lol. I was surprised that Khals have smiley mouths when they're blank o.O)
 photo DSC_8492resized_zps0306e91c.jpg

And cos the body was SOOOOO tightly strung, it took me a lot of effort to switch the heads. Yay, now Zeke has his own body.
 photo DSC_8497resized_zps9524eac8.jpg

And to show resin match. Leeke is slightly paler and slightly pinker than Akagi NS (which suits my hybrid fine). My yellower toned NS, the Nobilitydoll NS and Migidoll NS-B are yellower than Akagi, with the Nobility being a bit paler than Akagi, and Migidoll NS-B being a rather close (though slightly yellower) match.
 photo DSC_8511editedresized_zpsa272b271.jpg

And halfway, I discovered that his right hands (left in photo) has longer nails than his left hand (right in the photo). photo DSC_8512resized_zps6f40ae87.jpg

And here's Zeke beside Kristolf :) Zeke is a Leeke Khal on the 66cm Akagidoll body, and Kristolf (red hair) is a Leeke Mihael borrowing a Little Monica body.
 photo DSC_8515resized_zps48629b31.jpg

More photos of Zeke soon, when the light is better!

[edit: Okay, the lighting is still too dark, but I took photos of Zeke anyway. Haha. Here's him with the Akagidoll body and Little Monica hands

 photo DSC_8525editedresized_zpsd27aa2fc.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment