July 1, 2014

Joints

I was dressing Kris and Zeke today (I left them naked since I took the comparison photos cos I was lazy), and decided to change Kris' hands to the jointed ones. I forgot how difficult it can be to change hands, but anyway it's all done. (I won't be changing them back anytime soon). While struggling with his lower arm, I kept getting poked by the joints of his elbow. And it reminded me that I never had the problem with pokey elbow joints when I first got Gabby. By pokey elbows, I mean this. With the hard edges and grooves and all.

I know it probably looks like every other doll elbow joint, but this one is so sharp compared to Dennis, whom I had sitting with me at my computer yesterday (Dennis is on a old Volks SD13 body). And I realise that maybe the older dolls (companies?) like CP and Volks tend to have these kind of smooth ball joints. Newer companies tend to have fancier joints and stuff, which poses well, but like this Granado one is sharp. Haha. It's not that it's bad, especially posing wise it's usually better, but in terms of cuddly-ness, I prefer the smooth joints any other day.

And I maintain that Dennis is my best cuddly doll. Everyone else is too skinny or tall or pokey for it. This is the main reason why I don't dislike the Volks SD13 body completely, which seems to be the trend nowadays? Especially with SDGr out and looking better. Volks SD13 bodies are the nicest to cuddly and sit in front of a computer to chill out with. (That sounds vaguely weird but oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment