August 13, 2014

Cypher has (finally) reached!

I can't remember if I ranted about it here, but I definitely was looking at his tracking number so many times, waiting for him to reach me, and I probably annoyed my friends and family talking about it >_< Anyway, Cypher has reached! He's my first tiny, a LTF Pong Pong, bought from doa's 2nd hand market.

 photo P8131592resized_zps9c4cb065.jpg
The box :D My postman (post lady?) was dangling the whole box off her index finger with that part of the plastic over the invoice, hence the bump in the plastic over the barcode. I was a bit o.O when I saw that, but when she handed it over to me, the box wasn't too heavy so I guess it's okay. I'm so used to how SDs weigh a bunch compared to a tiny, haha.

 photo P8131594resized_zps34b4ea20.jpg
Some bubble...packs? Instead of bubblewrap. First time I've seen something like this, and I've encountered quite some different things used in packing (packing peanuts that are flower shaped, haha. And other stuff, like huge ass bubblewrap for example)

 photo P8131596resized_zpsd16a04f5.jpg
The box! Quite a similar colour to Gabby's delf box actually. Now I'll end up associating CP with blue even though it's not true (female delfs were shipped in yellow-gold boxes) >_<

 photo P8131597resized_zps6ff283a4.jpg
A shaky close up of the box. Excuse the camera at this point, I was using my point-and-shoot because my sister took the DSLR out, and I'm so unfamiliar with it now, lol.

 photo P8131599resized_zps232ee619.jpg
And another blurry shot! The foam cutout makes the box heavier than it would be otherwise, haha. Which means Cypher is really quite light.

 photo P8131603resized_zpsf575270a.jpg
Straight from the box! He was sold with eyes but it's not the same pair he was shown wearing in the sales thread. Oh well, it's lucky I wasn't counting on that and bought eyes for him anyway, haha.

 photo P8131608resized_zps24ea6491.jpg
After changing out his eyes (the previous owner used some eye putty that smelled a bit oily like plasticine or something? I don't know what it is, but anyway, I had to clean all of it out before I put his eyes in with white tac (like blu tack but white), which is much less sticky than whatever he had before :\

His wig arrived just yesterday, from thereif. I love her wigs, and if she has more colours besides the natural shades for fur#4 or fur#5, I would be buying more wigs from her! This one's a fur#5 which isn't in her thread, and she told me the fur is shorter than #4 but she ran out of white for #4. I was like okay, since it's a tiny, but before Cypher came today, I was still half worrying that it might be too short for what I have in mind. NOPE. It's definitely long enough for him. A bit too long, in fact. I'm lucky #4 was out of stock, or it'll be even longer. ._.

 photo P8131611resized_zpsaf5dcacb.jpg
Have another shot of his long wig, and cute nose. I was getting ready to cut his wig, but I had to eat lunch first, haha.

 photo DSC_4000editedresized_zps4f62f8b4.jpg
A bit later, I cut his wig, and posed him around for some photos, most of which was pretty meh, because lighting wasn't too good. I kept this one because he's doing a It'sGrace (used to be DailyGrace on youtube) pose. Also, he only has these hands. I should probably buy him some other hands because the fist hand is a bit hard to use in photos, hehe.

 photo DSC_4026editedresized_zps7d9acc45.jpg
Sometime after that first bunch of photos, I sat down to make a necklace for him. I forgot to take a photo, but the back of the necklace has some parts that are magnetic, and they've flattened themselves against the magnets in his back (which are for resin wings, I guess?). He also has magnets in his head for putting resin horns on. And magnets in his hands. (Haven't check his feet). BUT, he's got no magnets in his damn faceplate. =.= I dunno man, so many magnets, and the crucial one to keep his faceplate actually on isn't there. I put some painter tape to hold it, but it'll be good if I can find magnets small enough for his faceplate. But technical issue aside, he's really cute, and ridiculously happy. Looking at him makes him smile for no reason, seriously XD (Also, I made his bracelets before he came cos I was bored, and wrist measurements are easier to find than neck ones.)

 photo DSC_4064editedresized_zpsd28cfb1d.jpg
Trying out posing. He stands really well barefoot :D I've put boots on him now (see the next photo), because I like boots too.
 photo DSC_4097editedresized_zpsc0b12667.jpg
The aforementioned boots. And Cy pulling on Jack's hair, haha. Cos he's a little cheeky thing. And I wanted him to do something with that fist hand. Or thumbs up hand, since it's more than just a fist with that little thumb sticking out.

He's so small, I feel like it's so different to photograph him, haha. And his white hair with my house's white walls isn't a good combination. But damn, white hair and purple eyes. I have to say, I chose the combination half because no other doll I have right now has either that hair or eye colour, half because white hair for Cy is like the opposite of Jack's black hair. Also, you can't see it in this photo, but both Jack and Cy have teeth! (Well, Cy has a tooth, but still).

Ahh, now to find a cushioned case for him so I can bring him to Korea with me. XD And maybe make him more clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment