July 14, 2015

Box opening: Unoa Chibi Lilin Sleeping faceplate

First things first, I ordered this from Mandarake last week, and it arrived today, so around a week or so. Really fast, and oh so bad for impulse buying tendencies! Since this is my first time ordering from Mandarake, I wasn't sure what to expect, but the whole process was quite simple. I signed up for an account on Mandarake, place the item I wanted into my cart, then check which type of shipping I wanted (I chose EMS, but there is Small Package as well). And since Mandarake has storefront and warehouse items, and my Unoa faceplate is a storefront item, they took 2 days to check if my item was still available, then gave me the total price including shipping and handling charges. And another day or so later, I got my tracking number :D

So the box. Even though it was just a single Unoa Chibi faceplate, they shipped it in a pretty big box. You'll see what I mean if you watch my box opening video. Haha.

 photo DSC_2550editedresized_zpsrarizzkq.jpg



To be honest, I wasn't sure what skintone she would be, because I can't find it in the description, and the packaging didn't write. One look at her once she's out of the box showed that she was white skin, or fairy skin, as Unoa calls it.
 photo DSC_2552editedresized_zpsi5entdvh.jpg

She has those sculpted eyebrows, that don't really show up on camera. And her lips has lip lines sculpted too. Really fine work.
 photo DSC_2557editedresized_zpsc9osgcrq.jpg

And the back of her faceplate has two carved dots? I know that B-grade Unoas have 2 dots to show that they are B-grade and not standard grade, but the only photo I've seen doesn't have the dots at the eyewells like mine does. So I'm not too sure. She does have a bit of obvious seamlines, that are more protruding than usual.
 photo DSC_2558editedresized_zps8b0kwmq9.jpg

And her with the packaging and a wig stopper that came with her.
 photo DSC_2560editedresized_zpss7mwoiqj.jpg

I bought this faceplate thinking to modify it, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. Took a photo of her against the light to show where her resin is thinner. That's probably where I'll start her eye modification, after I decide whether I want dreaming eyes, small but fully open eyes, or just open eyes. And whether I want to mod her lip to a bit more of a smile or smirk too...
 photo DSC_2555editedresized_zpsos44dzdb.jpg

And I also compared her with my Cypher, my LTF Pong Pong for size.
 photo DSC_2565editedresized_zps28awwbrz.jpg

They seem relatively similar enough in size, though the Unoa is a bit bigger.
 photo DSC_2567editedresized_zpssk8tk3zz.jpg

But on the body the neck is clearly too short. It could be because of the mouth part on the headback for the Pong Pong head, because I have seen Unoa Chibi Roar on a LTF body. Hmm...well, I don't really like the proportions, I think she's a bit too bobbleheaded.
 photo DSC_2569editedresized_zps90nqfvbe.jpg

But you know, if you wrap the body up, you can still take some photos. Haha.
 photo DSC_2571editedresized_zpsdxw5e3ce.jpg

Now it's time to think about how I want to modify her. And then who she might be, as a character. I've also been looking at hybrids, trying to get her as close to a YoSD size as possible, for ease of sharing clothes, but I'm leaning towards the hybrids that are a bit taller in terms of how they look. Either way, since I got her as a project to do, I'm only going to worry about that once I get her faceplate modded properly first. It'll be my first eye opening mod, and my second mod so far (the first was Caillen's nose). Excited and nervous at the same time. :0

I'm not as fond of this faceplate as I am of the default Lilin faceplate, but it was a good price, and I figured modifying it would be fun. At the same time, I think I can grow to like the sculpt, especially after modifications, but I'm trying to not let myself be too attached to it first, because I don't want to start getting ahead of my intent and skip the process of modifying her and slowly letting her take shape, and just hurriedly buying her a body and headback etc, just to see her more "complete".

No comments:

Post a Comment