August 2, 2015

Merrydollround Mousse is really cute, and a nice size for a bjd for a SD sized bjd. Haha. Well. Too bad I don't have money or space or any real justification to buy her. Likewise for the Unoa Chibi Lilin default in fresh skin. And it's harder for the Lilin because I keep seeing unoalchemy's preorders...

I think now that I'm kind of broke (in terms of doll funds), and lacking space, I'm starting to eye every doll (and doll related) purchases very carefully. It is a good thing, in a way, but it still not easy to just sit through the want. Haha. Well, it is a want, and I hope this means I will spend my funds more wisely. Sometimes I impulsely want and buy things, and it's not a good thing given how I don't like to sell dolls. To date, the only resin things I've sold are, hands, hands, Dennis's old body (because I got him a new one first), the LLT Roderich head. So many wants, quite a few buys, and little dolls sold off means I'm pretty much running out of space, if I haven't already.

To be honest, I think it's just an issue of poor management of short time wants and long term wants. For example, I've been wanting to save for a body for Freddie, but during that time, I've bought other doll bodies (somewhat justified since they were floating heads longer), Cypher (somewhat justified, I wanted a tiny to take to Korea with me and SDs wouldn't have worked), Elly (this is an impulse buy), and Jelly (the new doll I'm waiting for). Oh, and the Unoa plate I modded. Note to self: I need to remind myself that there's things I've been wanting to get for longer than my sudden impulse purchases, and just because the impulse purchases might be more attractive now (buying a body is never as fun as buying a head. But oh, the head then needs a body. Etc), doesn't mean it's a good idea.

So, to put things into perspective, here's some doll priorites, in order of importance:
1. Freddie's body
2. Jelly's eyes and some outfits
2.5 Clothes for Elly, Joe etc
3. Alfie (Zaoll Luv? May need to rethink this)
4. Unoa chibi Lilin default, or with roar face (should rethink how much I want her, she has no character)

And mostly for my own reference -

I think 2.5 might be a bit brief, but here's some dolls I think I can do more with:
1. Hew - needs a new faceup, less angsty now that he's older, maybe a new haircut
2. Nat - needs more clothes that either suit his colourful self, or revamp to a more mature version...leaning towards some sort of revamp
3. Tiyana - a new wig, that stays better
4. Kristolf - clothes. Though he can wait a bit more, til I buy Alfie, so less urgent
5. Joe - more beach clothes. And maybe wig??
6. Elly - character needs to be further explored. Then after that, clothes, and maybe wig
7. Freddie - needs a body. Most important part is the body.
8. Caillen - mostly alright, maybe find him some jeans that fit better
9. Sion - maybe just a neater faceup lol, but not urgent or necessary

Dolls that are mostly alright:
1. Dennis
2. Gabby
3. Zeke
4. Cypher
5. Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment